SAP Tax and Revenue Management for Public Sector
The SAP® Tax and Revenue Management for Public Sector package can help agency revenue administrators effectively deliver tax collection and revenue management services. By providing a single view of the taxpayer and supporting multiple revenue types, the software can help public sector organizations increase collections and maximize compliance while enhancing taxpayer service and satisfaction.
TAXPAYER MANAGEMENT: COMPREHENSIVE DATA MANAGEMENT AND SIMPLIFIED ACCESS
The taxpayer management functionality in the SAP software is enabled by a central repository, which manages all of the taxpayer-related data elements that you need to process taxes and licenses. This repository includes a three-level hierarchical data-model structure that includes taxpayer information, tax account data, and tax object or location information.
DATA CAPTURE AND TAX RETURN PROCESSING: UNIFORM, EFFECTIVE TAX PROCESS ADMINISTRATION
SAP Tax and Revenue Management for the Public Sector can help you capture tax-related data from
taxpayers. The software also offers features that help you facilitate integrated processing of tax returns.
To help you proactively manage and collect overdue receivables, SAP Tax and Revenue Management for Public Sector is integrated with SAP Collections Management. The collections management software provides an intuitive, cockpit-style user interface that helps tax collectors efficiently process, maintain, and follow up on customer accounts.
DOCUMENT POSTING AND PROCESSING FOR TAXPAYER: ACCOUNTING ACCURATE, RELIABLE TRANSACTION RECORDING
With the SAP Tax and Revenue Management for Public Sector package, you can perform multiple levels of revenue distribution and allocation based on revenue types. The revenue distribution functionality lets you map each payment received in a given fiscal period and to the tax or filing obligation it satisfies. You can also use the software to allocate revenue distribution by dates, which can help you facilitate reporting and reconciliation.
REVENUE ACCOUNTING AND DISTRIBUTION: INTEGRATED, EFFICIENT FUNDS PROCESSING
The SAP software provides both revenue accounting and revenue distribution functionality that can help your agency efficiently, accurately, and cost-effectively manage these processes.
CORRESPONDENCE: POWERFUL COMMUNICATIONS AND CONTACT MANAGEMENT
The SAP software can help you produce and manage correspondence between your agency and taxpayers, including correspondence related to:
- Account information and statements
- Instalment plans
- Direct debit notifications
- Interest statements
- Payment media (for example, checks)
- Payment notices and certificates
- Payment forms for instalment plans
- Incoming correspondence requests
- Correspondence dunning
PAYMENTS AND ACCOUNT CLEARING: EFFICIENT HANDLING OF INCOMING AND OUTGOING FUNDS
Because agencies like yours must process millions of transactions per year, the SAP software provides functionality that can help you manage the processes of receiving and distributing funds.
COLLECTIONS: EXPEDITED BUSINESS TASKS FOR NEW EFFICIENCY
To help you proactively manage and collect overdue receivables, the SAP Tax and Revenue Management for Public Sector package is integrated with the SAP Collections Management application, which is part of the SAP CRM application. The collections management software provides an intuitive, cockpit-style user interface that helps tax collectors efficiently process, maintain, and follow up on customer accounts.
REPORTING: TRANSFORMING INFORMATION INTO INSIGHT
SAP Tax and Revenue Management for Public Sector provides the ability to view financial data from the taxpayer’s vantage point, with a richly detailed, hierarchical display of all account information. Unlike standalone financial management software, the SAP software provides an integrated view of the taxpayer as well as each financial transaction and organizational step involved in collecting and disbursing money. The software enables the agency to specify rules and authorizations according to the type of payment, tax, or business.
BUSINESS BENEFITS OF THE SAP SOFTWARE: INCREASE REVENUE COLLECTION AND ENHANCE TAXPAYER COMPLIANCE
The SAP Tax and Revenue Management for Public Sector package provide a single view of the taxpayer, helping you enhance revenue collection efficiency and constituent services through consolidated and coordinated tax processes. You can benefit from:
- A complete view of taxpayer and constituent accounts and details
- Increased voluntary taxpayer compliance through a one-stop online collection function that provides a single face of your agency to taxpayers
- Decreased outstanding receivables, enhancing overall collection rates and reducing non-compliance
- A single logical master-data framework, with selective views according to the individual needs of the respective public service
- Shorter inquiry response time, where taxpayers can easily obtain quick, ad hoc information on their account status, including open balances, filing obligations and deadlines, and anticipated refunds
- Improved call centre contact rates, because inquiries can be routed and answered faster
- Increased efficiency through mass processing of tax returns
- Faster detection of noncompliant taxpayers and non-filers
- More efficient use of resources in audits and investigations